Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another bout of Belt tightening

Last night I threw all that I could from the food parcel into the pot. It came out okay, a kind of fried potato, Tuna and vermicelli hot pot, finished in the slow cooker. There was a pile of it and we all woofed it down, even the kids. I put on a large pot of porridge this morning before work and it was scraped clean.

Rohan eats like it's his last meal. We have less than 70 bucks for groceries this week. I buy rolled oats by the sack, five loaves of bread, and tons of tinned baked beans and spaghetti. It ought to get us through, providing Rohan doesn't scoff it all.

We're waiting on whether Rohan can get into Hato Paora College. It's a Maori boarding school but has a day school attached. It's had some problems in the past and has a declining roll. One ex teacher's been up on sex charges and there was an issue with playground bullying. It ain't ideal, but it might be the only one we can realistically get.

Tine's chasing the legal angle. Rohan was supposed to be interviewed by the school in our presence. He was forced to confess without representation - a clear breach of process. We think we've nailed them.

A lot of people have expressed support for our stance. Feilding High School has expelled huge numbers over the years and no-one has mounted a legal challenge - as yet!!!

Don

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey Don - I can't seem to find the email where we corresponded at all (maybe I'm looking in the wrong account) - just wanted to let you know I boxed up some things to send you today and they should be in the post tomorrow. I hope they get there soon and I hope what little I can do helps you guys get through even another week!

Best,
Robin