Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bird

Better, today. The storm clouds have given way to mile high puffy cumulo. Rohan did his 'bird' yesterday, ironically, at an animal shelter.

Now he wants a dog, oh well!

A boarding school in an neighbouring town seems a possibility. It will remove him from evil influences and offer more positive role models. I've heard some good things about the school and my fingers are crossed we can get the funding.

After the panic last Friday, things seem a little easier at work. There's a little more understanding of the problems we as a family are facing. There's something of a relief I don't have to watch my back all the time.

Financially, it's still a bit of a soup, but I'm hoping we can deal with the worst of our problems in the next week or so. In that case, we can do stuff that had been put off, such as getting the car serviced and putting the landline back on.

We do have phones, now, thanks to a bit of good fortune. The Social Worker from the HDA organised one for Tine and I found my old one. This I converted to a prepay and so dodged the huge bill we still owe the phone company. An old Nokia had been given to us and I passed that down to my son. He was hoping I'd give him mine, which, of course, is way fancier but, slim chance.

The ground is still saturated so there's little lawn grooming possible. I'm making myself busy with some weeding in the reserve, but, it's taken a toll on my back. I'm working near a flooding stream and I'm dreaming of losing my footing. At least it keeps me gainfully employed and the boss off my back.

I've misplaced my iPod which is driving me nuts. I'd just loaded my new 'workmix' and was looking forward to it. The 'pod' keeps me sane, raising my dopamine up to agreeable levels. The silence is deafening.


Don

No comments: